Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Something Good


You said
Hold fast to what is good, Lord.
That is my attempt
For You are my good
I hold onto You.

You said
I have no good apart from You.
This is my attempt
To hold onto You
For You are my good.

You said
The desire of the righteous is only good
May I be righteous
And You my desire
For You are my good.

Oh Lord, hear my cry
You are my good
And that which I desire
Is a good thing
Grounded in You
I cling to it
Only because You are there
I cling to it
Because I cling to You.

You are my good Lord
And from that--
It is my good
I desire a good thing
This is my attempt
To hold onto Your glory.

If it not be so,
Open my hands to cling to another
Open my hands to let go
For it is You I desire
To hold onto
It is you, roca mia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home