Thursday, November 03, 2005

To The Boys I Love

To all you boys out there whose faith I admire, do me a favor. Stick with it. Listen, I know its hard to wait for the one, and maybe some of you don't even believe in "the one" but it doesn't matter. What matters is that wherever you are, there is some Christian girl looking up to you and hoping that one day she can marry someone with your qualities (especially the one where you are chasing after God). Do me a favor, don't settle for less. Whatever you said you wanted in a future wife has not changed. That day when you seriously thought about it all, don't pretend that you can justify a person you are attracted to. If you have to justify, she's not the one. God knows your desires, he knows what you need. You see, the thing is, if you start settling, then all those girls around you who admire you will start settling too. Women look up to men, whether we want to or not. So what you do, we do. That's just how it goes. We're in this 'waiting on God' thing together. I want to one day say to you, I really admire your wife. So wait with us, wait for us; we not only want you to, we need you to. Please, do me this favor.

4 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh snap! I pray and wish desperately that there were more boys who truly sought after the Lord whole heartedly, even, and especially, in the area of romance. It is so true that we need godly men to lead us and be role models for us in all areas. Men who will set the standard and never grow tired of waiting on the Lord and His timing above their own. Men who refuse to settle for less than God's best for their lives, even if that woman, that best thing, doesn't come into their lives for years. Oh goodness. I need to stop before I get even more carried away.

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger Drew said...

The church does not men to be men. This is why it is hard to find men in church.

 
At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I SECOND GENA!!! Gentleman, please be strong...us ladies are doing the same thing. and who knows, maybe one of us will introduce you to your wife :) because Godly women tend to find eachother in a crowd of strangers. SO....I second Gena...

 
At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah...anonymous was Trish Mitchell :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home