Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Reaction #3

I agree with so much of what I just read. I do, however, disagree with your conclusion. In my opinion, to take God out of the state is to condemn America. God destroyed Sodom and Gomorra for their lack of morality and Christian influence. Abraham pleaded with God that if there were only 10 righteous people left that he would save the city. God also saved the ship that Paul was riding on his way to Rome that became lost in the storm. The reason he saved the ship was because of Paul. I’m not going to say that I look up to McCain spiritually, but I would love to vote for a president that truly has a heart after the Lord. This is not the case because I’m trying to exclude gays or make abortion illegal, but because I think it would be for the best interest of America.

Did you know that there are Chinese people coming to America on mission trips? China is evangelizing us! We are in danger of God’s judgment, and perhaps the reason why his hand is being held back is because of the Christian influence that is still here. Are we willing to pay the price of losing our morals in order to have lower taxes?

And where do we draw the line? I completely agree that we are going to see change through relationship and not through law, but I don’t think that means we should do away with the law. Should we legalize drugs and prostitution just because it is going to happen anyway? I’m not going to change a drug user by making a law against it, but by loving on him…agreed. But allowing him to destroy his life by something we know is wrong is not very loving.

I don’t think we are doing American any favors by separating it from the moral laws described in God’s Word.
-from CM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home