Tuesday, December 16, 2008

the vows

I betroth you to me in righteousness and in justice, in steadfast love, in mercy and faithfulness. I will encourage you to appreciate deeper depths, higher heights, and wider widths of Christ's love. I give you my honesty and kindness, and I vow to seek the kingdom of God first above all else. I will love you in and through all things. Our love will not be defined by the world, but by Truth, and in that truth, together we will abide. Together we will plant, water, wait, and harvest ... and together we will bear fruit. I set you, this day, as a seal upon my heart to have and to hold, in want and in plenty, in hunger and in satisfaction, in sickness and in health, to love as an example of Christ and the church, until death brings us face to face with our King.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home