Tuesday, February 10, 2009

my baby danced

with me.

We took a long walk yesterday, and ended up on the top level of a parking deck that had no roof. We could look out and see a lot of the little city we live in. I've been down lately about some things, and my (rather fresh) husband decided it would be a good idea to sing me a song and dance with me on the top of that roof as dusk was setting in. It was so sweet. Even now, my eyes water thinking about it. I began to cry, a task I hate doing in front of others, including him. But as he danced with me, I felt my God remind me of how much this earthly husband loves me. And the following thought, hit me even harder as the tears continued: How much more does my heavenly husband love me. It is something I've known my whole life, but in that surreal moment, it became a concept that felt so incredibly real. As my other half was squeezing me and moving me to the rhythm of the song in his head, like a scene from a movie, my Lord and Savior was wrapping his arms around us both. An experiential reminder of who He is, and how much He loves us.

I thank you both for loving me so. I don't deserve any of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home