Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Not there


I am happy I’m not there anymore. (there isn't a tangible place)I never thought I’d say that. But it’s true. When you are there at the wrong time, you put yourself in a cage. And at first it looks as though the cage is good, it will protect you from outside harm. It will entertain your mind because you have the hope you will come out at the right time. But the cage closes in on you, and you forget to feel. You forget to understand. You don’t get hurt, but you don’t get anything. You are sad at certain times, but there are no passions allowed in a cage. You aren’t thoroughly disgusted with yourself because you do nothing. You aren’t overtly proud of yourself because you dont do anything. The cage is gone now. And I screw up. But I learn about myself every time I do. I get yelled at, I recognize who I am, even if it’s not who I want to be. You learn to get up, even if you are just going to fall again. You make up rules to live by, that you sometimes break. You annoy yourself with all the thoughts of what if and when will this happen and how do I want to live my life. This is life outside the cage. Open the door.

You’re free to dance-
Forget about your two left feet
And you’re free to sing-
even joyful noise is music to me
You’re free to love,
’cause I’ve given you my love,
And it’s made you free
I have set you free!
-ginny owens

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home