Friday, February 24, 2006

Coke vs. Pepsi


So I had my first teaching sesson two days ago. I think it went well. We discussed Coke and Pepsi in class and my student, although not a soda drinker had a lot to say about the businesses. At the end, we had a role-play where I was Pepsi and he was Coke and the senior teacher was a representative of Mercedes Benz needing a sponsor for their new car campaign. She was quite concerned about the status of Coke because of the child labor that they have used. My student said, "Well, dont worry, we fired all the children." As we all started laughing, he then said, "And we hired all their parents!"

Next week I teach twice, once for 90 minutes myself and once for 45 with a partner. I actually really enjoy teaching, even though Im quite nervous beforehand. In other news...I tried gelato and it is fabulous, however Im trying hard not to eat it everyday. It rains here a lot right now and the cold weather helps me still the craving. Although the pastry sweets here are probably just as enticing.

In our apartment, we have a bathroom that has a shower hose where the water comes out. However, there is no place to hook the shower hose so it can be used as a shower. Yesterday while I had the afternoon off, I was determined to become an engineer and figure out to find a solution to the problem. Shower-baths were taking too long and I was ready to stand up for a shower. Karen was as well. I tried to get the picture on here, but unfortunately I cannot. However, I used the top of my clinique soap box to create an angle for the shower head to rest upon so that we can take a shower. With a whole lot of eletrical tape, my contraption worked. (Pops are you proud?) I imagine this talent comes from my father, while my teaching capability and the natural way I talk with my hands comes from my mother.

With this course, we dont have much time to do anything else during the weekdays, due to the long commute and the afternoon work. Yet last night, I wrote a poem...I'm sure I'm the next Shakespeare:
The day is done
My feet are dirty
Tomorrow I hope to see the sun
And get out of school early.

2 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Blogger SAIDESTROYER said...

Hehehe. That was funny.

 
At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good

 

Post a Comment

<< Home